1.02.2009

conquering the himalayas

not really, but I leave on my 4 day trek tomorrow. My time at Chetana has sadly come to an end and I hope the kids gained even a fraction of what I took away from it. I left wanting to make a more lasting impact than just another transient episode in the kids' lives and there is a future blog post dedicated to that, so look out.

I'm doing the Ghorepani Poon Hill trek, google it if you can, its supposed to be breathtaking. Tonight I am visiting the home of Laxmi, a girl I met at the guest house in Lakeside where I stayed for a couple of nights. Her parents, three sisters and baby brother live in a little village near Sarangkot hill, and they've invited me for the night! Some real rustic village living. Holes in the ground out by the cow shed for toilets kinda living. I can't wait.

So this means I probably won't have access to internet for a few days, so I apologize in advance for any unanswered emails. I am heading straight to Kathmandu after my trek and maaaaybe bungee jumping before flying out to Singapore on Sunday.

This internet is costing me more than two plates of MoMos (buffalo dumplings) so you know what I have to do.

xo

1 comment:

  1. have fun on the trek!!! BE SAFE!

    and a safe flight back to singapore... say hello to mama and papa gao for me =)

    ReplyDelete